Sunday, January 1, 2012

BEST OF 2011

BEST OF

Hello to all on this first day of 2012. I started doing this list a couple of years ago when I was on MySpace, yet now that more people are reading this blog I think it's more important now. I do know these are just my opinions on movies though. Now as this is a best list I'm going to be including only movies that I saw this year, so this list will include some movies that came out in the past couple years. So anyway, here's the list!

1. THE WOMAN (2011):
     The most messed up movie about a family I saw all year, and I was happy to see everyone get what they deserved.

2. AKMAREUL BOATDA (2010):
     The last movie I reviewed this year and it lived up to the hype I heard about it and surpassed it.

3. GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (2011):
      The second most messed up family I saw on screen this year was in this film. Dark and bleak and has two minutes of cringe and stomach churning asshole rapist I've seen.

4. DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK (2010):
     The best Mythos film I saw all year.
 
5. HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PT. 2 (2011):
      The end of a legacy and Alan Rickman shines in this film.

6. SUPER 8 (2011):
     A nice throwback to the fun that was the movies from the 80's
 
7. MOTHER'S DAY (2010):
     Rebecca De Morney owns this movie.

8. MALEFIQUE (2002):
      This might be the oldest movie on the list, yet I saw it this year and was completely drawn into the story.

9. TROLLJEGEREN (2010):
     A nice fairytale of a movie that doesn't take itself to seriously which is just what the movie needed.

10. PARASOMNIA (2008):
     This is what a art film looks like when mixed with a horror movie. Love all the people puppets in it.


The worst film I saw all year though is.......

C.H.U.D. II: BUD THE CHUD (1989):
     To quote Monty Python, "RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!!!

Now my top movies I'm looking forward to next year are:

PROMETHEUS


THE RAVEN


THE WOMAN IN BLACK


CABIN IN THE WOODS


THE HOBBIT


ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER


THE DARK KNIGHT RISES


THE INNKEEPERS


THE AVENGERS


BRAVE


UNDERWORLD: AWAKENING 



2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome list that you put together. I'm glad that it's different types and not the typical movies if you know what I mean! I'm looking forward to see The Woman in Black, The Inkeepers and Cabin in the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Queen! There's a lot of more movies that I want to see, but those are the ones that came to my mind the quickest!

    ReplyDelete